Labels

Home (7) Life (3) Hair (2) About Me (1) God (1)

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

He Wants the Best for You

I've been a Christian my whole life. I was raised as a follower of Jesus Christ and always went to church growing up. I don't remember ever missing a Sunday when I was younger and i'm so happy I was brought up that way.

However, in the early parts of my teenage life I didn't get the opportunity to be brought up as well due to certain horrible situations that I will not even mention. It kinda messed things up. It definitely made it harder to do my best, but everything has turned out fine (thanks to God). I'm far from a perfect Christian. I make mistakes, but I do my best to love the Lord.
I don't give up, because I know He won't give up on me.

When I was a teenager I used to think reading the Bible and going to church was sooo boring. I just didn't understand why I had to follow all those rules. I did follow them, but I certainty complained a lot whilst doing so. I thought it was all so ancient. I didn't have anyone to sit me down and explain to me the benefits. My dad probably tried, but I was just your typical "yeah dad whatever leave me alone" type of girl. I was stubborn and I definitely wasn't gonna go to anyone else because I was a super shy girl (kinda still am).

So where am I going with this? I'm trying not to make this all dry and preachy. Haha!

Now that i'm an adult I can see the reasons why God wants us to do certain things and by obeying him you're bringing in many blessings. God wants the best for us. That's why there's all those "rules" and "you should do this, and not do that" type of stuff. Following Him will really benefit you. I found that out after I turned 17 and started really reading my Bible again. He wants to protect you and guide you. There are some sacrifices you have to make (like stop hanging around the wrong group of people, stopping things that seem fun but are wrong and will hurt you in the end). It's all for the best though. He knows what he wants for you. 


Deuteronomy 28 is a great chapter to read about the blessings of obeying God and also the curses of disobeying Him. The one and only God knows what's best for us. He created us. Don't try to go through life figuring it out on your own and doing your own thing. It doesn't work. You'll end up in a lot of emotional pain (God can take that pain away though if you surrender to Him).

Ever heard that saying that life doesn't come with instructions or something. FALSE! Life does come with instructions. It's called the Holy Bible! Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. It's all in there! I don't know about you, but that saves me a lot of time from trying to figure stuff out.

I only take time to write blogs about things i'm passionate about. So, clearly i'm passionate about this. Focus on your own personal relationship with Christ. Your life will become so much more interesting and fun! Praying and seeing the results is awesome! Obey him and watch your life improve! 

Read your Bible as much as you can and pray as much as you can. You can even use Google to search certain scriptures for specific subjects like loneliness, sadness, depression, etc. He's always there for you. Isn't that great to have God who wants the best life for you here on Earth and by obeying His teachings you get that. Plus, you also get to go to heaven. Sounds good to me!

I hope that this helps some people understand that He has your best interest at heart. Follow and trust Him and His word because He knows what's best for you. He created you. :) 


-Maria 






1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome. I am also a young adult who is a strong believer in the most humble, amazing, and beautiful Jesus Christ. I love to hear this.

    ReplyDelete