Labels

Home (7) Life (3) Hair (2) About Me (1) God (1)

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Our First Vacation Together Part 1

Have you ever wanted to just get away and go somewhere new? Whenever I get an idea about something to do, 95% of the time it ends up happening. I'm a dreamer and a doer. So in March I realized that i'd be turning 20 in a month. Last year I went to Baltimore, Maryland. It was mostly good, but let's just say it would have been more fun if I had gone with Christopher. 

So this year I wanted to do something a tad bit bigger. I wanted to go further away. I've been wanting to go back to Florida for a while now, I just didn't have anyone to go with. I asked Chris, "What do you think about going down to Florida next month?" He was like, "Why not?" At that moment is when the planning began. We got our parents approval and started listing off things we needed and places we'd visit. 
Itinerary in my Moleskine
We had a few options of places to stay. I have most of my moms side of the family living in Fl. Near Palm Beach. The rest live in The Bahamas. Chris has a friend's grandparents that live somewhere on the east coast of the state and another couple friends that live in Bradenton. Bradenton is on the west coast of Florida near the Gulf of Mexico. We went with Bradenton. Boy oh boy did we make the best decision ever! Our friends there as so very nice and accommodating. They live in a nice gated neighborhood (with a nice heated pool) and are only 15 minutes away from the island. They got a nice "thankyou" gift from us when we left. We are welcomed to go down and stay with them whenever we want. Yay! 

Chris and I stayed in Fl for 6 days. It was one of the best 6 days of my life. When we first arrived in Florida after 9 long sleepless hours of driving in the car at night we stopped at a Walmart. We were so exhausted. Especially me because I got absolutely no sleep. I just couldn't sleep. We stopped at the Walmart for a rest. It was as the sun was just beginning to rise. It was still dark outside though. We were the only ones in the parking lot besides the janitors that were sweeping trash. Chris went out to stretch his legs and pee(in the parking lot) meanwhile I was dealing with gas. I'm a very gassy girl because i'm lactose intolerant. Pretty much everything I eat has lactose in it. Keep in mind Chris wasn't on his medicine yet (he has adhd), so he was really hyper. So let me just cut to the chase...I accidently sharted my pants. 
Definition 
I rolled the window down and whispered it to him...as if anyone else would have heard me if I didn't(the janitors were gone by then). "Baby, I think I just sharted my pants." He literally just starts bursting out laughing. 
This is exactly what Chris looked like.
I couldn't help but laugh with him because I was just so delirious. We were laughing so hard and loud that we started crying. The laughing continued for about 5 minutes...no joke! We just couldn't stop. Also, when I wiped myself with the toilet paper, some of the paper got stuck hanging out my pants. So he was just pointing and laughing because I had a toilet paper tail. It's definitely one of our favorite memories from the trip. We never ended up resting like we had planned because the sun came up and we were hungry. I changed my clothes, then we drove to the nearest Waffle House in Jacksonville. Without a doubt the nicest WH we have ever been to. My waffle even said Waffle House in case I forgot where I was. Haha!


Next, we headed down to St. Augustine, Fl. It was so beautiful! It's the oldest city in America which is awesome! You always have to add some history to your vacation. The architecture was to die for. Well I wouldn't die for the architecture, but you know what I mean. :) 

St. Augustine

After walking around there for about an hour, we got tired and were hot so we decided to skip Rainbow Springs and go straight to our friends house. It took us another 3 hours of driving. Chris's car held up very good throughout the trip...minus the overheating!!! Right when we reached North Carolina the car overheated and started smoking. It did it once more later in the trip. I'll cover that in another part though. It was horrible. 

So we arrived at our friends house. They were so kind to us and really enjoyed our company. However, being that I was extremely sleep-deprived I went to bed like an hour after arriving. I function very well on lack of sleep. I'm sure that will help once mommy-hood hits. I slept until dinnertime. They cooked dinner for us! How sweet (I love when people save me money)! So, I went down to eat dinner with everyone and right after I was done they excused me to go back to bed. I've never slept so long and hard in my life.



That concludes part 1 of the trip. Have you ever had sharted your pants? Let's face it, poopy accidents make for funny stories. 
I hope you enjoyed! :) Stay tuned for part 2.
-Maria






No comments:

Post a Comment